A dish perfect for a romantic meal for two, or accompaniment for a Netflix bingefest, pasta is a go to comfort food.
As many shapes and sizes that exist, there are just as many (if not exponentially more) ways to cook it.
Some of my favorites ways to dress up my pasta:
- The Italian equivalent of mac and cheese, and the only dish I would eat at Italian restaurants as a kid
- Garlic Oil and Broccoli
- Italian Sausage (ground), Tomato Sauce and Parmesan Cheese
- For a variation of the classic recipe, use baby spinach instead of basil, and use pecans in lieu of pine nuts (vegans, it’s just as tasty without cheese)
- Scratch-made Tomato Sauce and Fresh Mozzarella
- Butter, Black Pepper and Freshly Grated Pecorino Romano aka cacio e pepe
I could go on… really, I could list a good 100 different ways I like to eat pasta.. but I digress.
Do you have any favorite, or even weird or unexpected ingredients you love to pair with pasta?
P.S.- An early Happy Galentine’s Day (Feb 13th) to my fellow independent women out there! Enjoy some waffles and/or other breakfast foods with your favorite lady friends. 🙂