[recipe servings=”25 squares” time=”1hr 30mins” difficulty=”easy”]Ingredients
2 c. oats
3 tbsp. coconut flour
1/2 c. coconut oil (liquid form)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 c. almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)
1/2 c. cornstarch
2 c. pumpkin puree
2 tsp. vanilla
7 tbsp. (approx. 1/2 c.) maple syrup
3 pinches of cardamom
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. allspice
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the crust. Transfer the mixture into a food processor and pulse until the oats are broken up into large crumbs.
2. Transfer the crust mixture to a 8×8″ square baking dish lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown in color.
3. While the crust bakes, whisk together the cornstarch and almond milk in the same large bowl (less dishes to do later!) until the liquid is no longer lumpy. Add the other filling ingredients and whisk until everything is fully incorporated.
4. Pour the filling over the crust and smooth with a spatula before putting into the oven. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the outer edges slightly darken in color and the top isn’t tacky to the touch.
5. Using the parchment, carefully lift it out of the baking dish and place on a wire rack to cool for about an hour before cutting. Cut into 1-inch squares (you should get 25 in total) and enjoy!
2 thoughts on “A Gourdous Fall Treat: Vegan Pumpkin Pie Bites”
Sounds so bomb ❤ And this dish just looks mouth watering !! Pumkin spiced things are my favorite in fall !! Love, Anna xx