Crispy, spicy, sweet with just a touch of saltiness, these little golden nuggets of deliciousness are so addictive you may end up eating the whole batch yourself.
1 pkg. extra firm tofu
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. sriracha
2 tbsp. low-sodium teriyaki sauce
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. mirin
1 tsp. adobo seasoning with pepper
1 tbsp. cornstarch
Coarse Salt to taste (after baking)
1. Drain the tofu (you can put something heavy on it after draining it initially to get more liquid out) and cut into 1/2″ cubes. Put the tofu into a large ziploc bag.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, sriracha, teriyaki, olive oil, adobo seasoning and mirin. Pour the mixture over the tofu and marinate for at least 30 minutes (no more than 2 hours or the flavor will be too strong).
3. While the tofu marinates, preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Take the marinated tofu out of the bag (leaving any excess liquid) and put into a large bowl. With a fine wire mesh strainer, sift the cornstarch over the tofu and gently toss until well coated.
5. Place the tofu on the baking sheet and bake for 45-55 minutes, (flipping the tofu every 10-15 minutes) or until the tofu is lightly browned and crispy.
6. Remove from the oven and sprinkle some coarse salt on top before enjoying.
2 thoughts on “Chew on This: Crispy Honey Sriracha Tofu Bites”
Do you eat this tofu on it’s own or serve it with any else?? Looks delicious!
Thanks! I ate it as a snack, but it would make a great meal with stir-fry vegetables and some rice or quinoa.