In homage to the gorgeous blueberry-pecan galette that graced the cover of Bon Appétit’s July issue, I took a stab at making my own healthier version with blueberries and nectarines.
1 pre-made pie crust
2 c. fresh blueberries
2 nectarines, sliced
1 lemon, juiced
1 lime, juice
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. chia seeds
Milk and turbinado sugar for the crust
1. Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
2. On a lightly greased baking sheet, unroll the pie crust.
3. In a large bowl, combine the fruit, maple syrup, lemon and lime juices, cornstarch and chia seeds.
4. Carefully pour the fruit over the crust (you can make a simple design like I did, or just dump in in… it’ll be just as gorgeous)
5. Fold the crust over the fruit, making about five folds in total. With your fingers or a pastry brush, spread the milk over the crust and sprinkle the sugar on top.
6. Bake for 25-30 or until the crust is golden brown. Allow to cool before slicing.