Here’s quick and tasty recipe that you can whip up for dinner tonight (maybe help cure a case of the Mondays) and enjoy for lunch at work tomorrow.
Peanut Dressing (loosely adapted from Once Upon A Chef)
1/2 c. smooth peanut butter
2 tbsp. rice vinegar
2 tbsp. lime juice
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. light soy sauce
2 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp. salt and pepper
1 tsp. hot sauce (sriracha would also be fantastic if you have it on hand)
Pinch of ground ginger
1/2 lb. spaghetti (I recommend whole wheat and/or organic)
2-3 carrots, cut into thin strips
1 1/2 c. zucchini, cut into thin strips or spiralized (about 1 medium)
1 c. cabbage, finely shredded
1 c. shelled edamame
Optional: Diced avocado for topping
1. Boil a pot of water and cook spaghetti according to the directions on the package.
2. While the spaghetti is cooking, dump all of the dressing ingredients into a medium bowl. Whisk until well-combined and creamy. (Note: You may need to add a tablespoon or two of water to thin out the dressing)
3. Once the noodles are cooked, add a few spoonfuls of the dressing to keep the spaghetti from sticking together as it cools.
4. Cut and prepare the vegetables, and add to the noodles. Add the remaining dressing, and carefully toss the mixture until everything is well-distributed and coated evenly.
5. Add some diced avocado on top and dig in!