1 lb. brussels sprouts, halved
5 tbsp. grapeseed oil
1 1/2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. sriracha
4-5 shakes garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
6 tbsp. salted butter
5 fresh sage leaves
1 lb. ground italian sausage (sweet)
1/2 pkg of pasta (I used half of a 12oz box)
1. Heat your oven to 400ºF. While the oven is heating up, grab a large bowl and pour in the grapeseed oil (olive oil will work as well), balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, and sriracha. Add the garlic powder, salt and pepper, and whisk until emulsified. Set aside.
2. In a medium pan, cook and brown the italian sausage over medium-high heat. Add some of the drippings from the sausage into the mixture in the large bowl and whisk until well combined.
3. Dump the brussels sprouts into the bowl and toss until well coated. Dump them onto a baking sheet and put into the oven to roast for 30-35 mins (depends on how hot your oven runs). Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with a generous amount of kosher salt.
4. Cook your pasta (I used penne) and drain. While your pasta is cooking, melt six tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter begins to foam, turn the heat up and cook until it becomes a light amber in color. Add your fresh sage and cook for an additional min. Take off the heat and set aside.
5. In a bowl (the same large one you used earlier), toss the pasta, sausage, and brussels sprouts together. Pour the brown butter over the pasta mixture and toss once more before serving.